Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Aroma

Just outside my family room window is a wonderfully fragrant shrub. It blooms in early spring and its potent scent can catch you by surprise when you walk up to my front door. You find yourself wondering - where is that aroma coming from? But it doesn't take a curious person long to discover the source.

When people see you, hear you, watch you do they wonder - where is that coming from? What is the source of your thoughts, actions, and daily pursuits? How long would it take someone to discover Whose you are?

"For we are to God the aroma of Christ among those who are being saved and those who are perishing." 2 Corinthians 2:15


2 comments:

  1. I read this post last evening and returned to it today. It is a potent idea - a metaphor that I hope to carry with me. "Where is that coming from?" is a question I'd like people have a sense of when they are around me - a gentle thought - a gentle manner - that points to Christ.
    Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karen, I'm not sure how I missed your post. I'm still getting used to this. But thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. You've blessed me. And as an aside, although I've not spent time with you in person, you're writing certainly offers that gentleness. It blessed me..repeatedly. Thank you again. Blessings to you in this season of all things new.

    ReplyDelete