Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Reach Out


Not so long ago, I found myself feeling out of sorts with a new acquaintance. I hadn't heard from her and the deadline for the event we were working on had come and gone. It was her turn to step into the conversation, but she was silent. My mind began racing with all sorts of ideas about what had gone wrong. But thank goodness the Lord helped me quickly move beyond that and urged me to make a move and touch base with her. I did. I sent her an email and left her a phone message to which she responded with these words, "Thank you for reaching out to me." Those 7 words made a big impression on me as I began to ponder how often I might have missed the opportunity to reach out to someone. Maybe there's an opportunity for you today. Why not reach out?

No comments:

Post a Comment